Wednesday 9 February 2011

the art of illusions.

So last weekend 명우 and I went to an exhibition called "Miracle Art" (미라클 아트).
It is nothing like the Picasso or Monet exhibitions that have graced South Korea, but something quite different.
All the pieces make use of optical illusions, in some way or form. The majority of the work is painted on to appear 3 dimensional on the 2 dimensional walls. Other pieces make use of video feedback loops or even literally smoke and mirrors (okay, not smoke but there were definitely mirrors).
All the pieces have instructions on where to stand or how to pose, and the idea is to become part of the art yourself.
I realise this is not everybody's cup of tea, but i thought it was a great hour and a bit of fun and laughter.
If you are in Seoul and interested at all it will be running until the 1st of March 2011.


The knitting classes are finally paying off

Unwrapping my Monet
Moving some of the art around.


Making myself heard (how real does that megaphone look?!?)

Waking up in Vincent's room

Myung Woo is taller than me....quite a lot taller than me.

'Enjoy the Coke side of life'

1 comment: