Tuesday 10 July 2012

confession time!

I am horribly ashamed.  After YEARS of teasing and making fun of  stereotypical geeks others, I have stooped to the very bottom of the nerd barrel.  Yes, I am addicted to very much enjoying playing Diablo III, the latest computer game hit, from Blizzard Entertainment.  






This, in my defense, is pretty much the first computer game that I have ever tried playing.  It has the inexplicable ability to absorb time.  After playing for what I think has been an hour I realise that not only have I blacked out for 5 hours but I also ate a meal and drank 3 small bottles of banana milk.  Previously I thought of computer games as a mere waste of time or a warped form of procrastination, but now I know that these poor gamers cannot help themselves.  
Some, lucky enough to be so good at playing games are able to turn it into a profession, and a very lucrative one at that (more than US $400 000 annually at the top).  And speaking of being good at playing computer games, South Korea is where you might find the best.  Blizzard spent 12 years making Diablo 3, and it was cracked (look at me and my geek speak; cracked = completed) in no more than 5 and a bit HOURS after being made available here in Seoul. 
If, like me however, you are not good enough to become a programer, Diablo III can again help you make a buck or two.  You are able to sell your virtual loot, to other gamers for REAL MONEY.  The better or more magical the items are the more you can get for them.  You can even exchange the gold that you have collected for actual cash.  3 400 000 pieces of gold should earn you about 1 US dollar.
A quick internet search will tell you that 1US dollar is worth   4672 634 610 Zimbabwean dollars....makes you think! 


I would like to wrap this post up with a quick apology for all the verbal abuse I have dished out to the little 'Nigel-no-friends', who stare at PC screens in stead of meeting real people. NOW I understand....I am one of you!! ;)  The apology would have been longer but I have to get back to my Wizard.



2 comments:

  1. Oh no you haven't!!!!.....nicks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicks I am afraid I killed Diablo yesterday. But that was only the first of four levels! hahaha
    i SO have!

    ReplyDelete